This morning was full of fun and excitement. I got out of the house for a couple hours. I went to One-Stop today to attend an orientation for their services. One-Stop offers services for the unemployed and today's orientation was specifically for people that have been recently laid off. There were about 22 of us attending the session. It was quite interesting to hear where all these people worked. One was from Tucson Medical Center as a medical clerk. One worked for TUSD as receptionist, another as a teacher within TUSD. There were probably 4 or 5 that worked for some company as architects and engineers.
The main point was to hear about how they can help us get a new job. I'm signed up for an employment skills workshop next week. The workshops are next Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30-3:30...I wonder if they give us lunch....that is probably wishful thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment