Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 4 of Unemployment

I'm already bored with this subject.  I still don't have a job and it's been forever. 

I've decided to become an alcoholic. When we were rich and had jobs we bought alcohol to support our habit of spending money.  I  have some Ace Pear Cider, chianti, whipped cream vodka and habanero infused vodka to get me through these next couple of days.  We also have passion fruit and banana mixers and really I just want to drink the banana mixer by itself, it smells delicious.

There are some good things about not being employed at that place that shall not be named.  On Fridays we always had a backorder meeting. Shoes would start at 9am and report on our biggest issues.  The VP would always look like he was bored out of his mind and would always suggest how to make the report better for him.  Then the rest of the meeting we would be told we need to cancel orders and push out dates. I also don't miss having to work on the millions of spreadsheets that we had to fill out to get our vendors paid.

So back to my exciting life....yesterday our big adventure was going to the grocery store.  The closest Fry's is the Mexican one.  I'm not being racist....it's really the Mexican one because across from the deli they have an area where you can buy freshly made salsa, salads, ceviche, horchata, mexican cheese, nacho cheese and around the area you'll find locally made tortillas and pan dulce.  And in the seafood/meat area they have meat for carne asada and chorizo.  I love this Fry's, I don't care if it is the poor Fry's....now we fit in and it's like everyone in the store knows we are poor now and they all high five us as we walk around.   So they didn't actually high five us....we're lucky if they don't even look at us because we might get shanked otherwise.

After our grocery store adventure we went home to eat dinner and watch some scary movies.  Maybe the movie reviews will make it to Shoot the Hostage...maybe not...we've been watching a shitload of scary movies.  And with a shitload of scary movies comes a lot of stupid shower scenes and a crapload  of boobies.  My favorite shower scene so far was a shower scene with guys...not that I wanted to see a bunch of nasty guys taking a shower but because Mr. Man over here got pissed that the one shower scene had guys not girls.

Now it's Sunday morning and we had a wonderful breakfast of chorizo, eggs and potatoes (thank you Mexican Fry's).  Later on today we'll have another adventure one involving a walk to the local QuikTrip and another to my brother's house where we will help them decorate and carve pumpkins!  




No comments: