Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 6 of unemployment

These allergies are killing me.  My eyes are so itchy and this is getting so annoying.

I finally got the Halloween decorations out and decorated the yard a little more. I wonder if kids still toilet paper trees and egg houses.  I've never actually seen it done before.  My brother wants to do a little haunted house at his place this year for Halloween and it sounds like fun.  It'll be interesting to see how they pull it off.

Yesterday my old supervisor called me.  It was very awkward with me leading the conversation after a while because he is so slow at getting to the point.  The main reason for calling me was to ask if I still wanted the fan I had on my desk and to ask if I wanted a certificate for completing some training.  He mentioned one of the girls asked about this stuff as they were cleaning our areas.  I'm pretty sure the girl pestered him in making sure I didn't want these things because the girl is pretty persistent. I felt bad for him still being there, I can't imagine the job is getting any easier.

I also got all the information for unemployment in the mail yesterday.  There were probably 5 separate letters all asking for different information and everything needs to be filled out right away.  I've never done unemployment stuff before, it seems exhausting.   I also got the packet for Cobra insurance and that seems ridiculous too....pay $500 to be insured when unemployed...craziness!

I think I'll go down to Armory Park and join Occupy Tucson....I think I'll become a hippie today.


4 comments:

Stemshul said...

$500 a month, 2 weeks, week, day?

chooiegoos said...

$500 a month for one person, $1042 for the both of us and that is just medical, $72 dental and $11 vision for the both of us.

chooiegoos said...

and my severance pay also gets cut to cover the employers share for insurance don't really understand how that works or helps any

katohater said...

It helps the insurance companies make bank.