I figure this will keep me busy for a few minutes each morning until I find a job. I've given myself a month to get a new job....not necessarily better...just new. I figure if I get a crappy job at first it'll at least be something till I can find a job I'd be happy with or pays better. Let's hope this plan works.
Let's see since I've been laid off I've seen quite a few movies and tv shows-
-a few episodes of Arrested Development
-2 episodes of Melissa & Joey
-1 episode of Wizards of Waverly Place
-In a Day (not sure what this movie is about, wasn't paying attention)
-Dream A Little Dream (with the 2 Corey's-lame)
-I Do (not exactly sure what happened in this movie either)
-The Baxter (it was ok)
-happy ever afters (strange)
-16 to Life (I liked this movie)
-These Girls (3 girls devise a plan to all have sex with David Boreanez's character)
-love wedding marriage (eh...it was eh..)
-Haunting in Connecticut (made me jump)
And just so you know I've been working on applications and/or cleaning while watching these. So I'm not just laying on the couch eating bon bons watching these movies!
Yesterday I put in 2 apps online for Costco and Target. I wouldn't mind working at Costco, I hear they treat their employees right and I guess I could see myself working at Target as long as it takes. I mean I'd probably want to buy everything while working there but I could handle it.
On the agenda today I want to put in apps at the UofA, I mainly have to work on stupid letters of interest for each position I'm interested in so we'll see how far I get. I really hate writing Letters of Interest and Cover Letters....they are so lame.
Yesterday I also started with Halloween decorations, front gate is covered in spider webs and there are skeleton heads on our little porch. Today I'll have to get the rest out.
And then I guess I'll work on looking through the mail basket and looking for coupons for top ramen. Zac said we have to start living on it now.
3 comments:
Wow. I'm so sorry you lost your job. :( That really sucks. A least it sounds like you have a plan.
So...I've had "sit on the couch and eat bon bons" on my to do list ever since I've gotten laid off. Somehow it never happens.
I take that back...a couple times when I've had a migrane...minus the bon bons.
I didn't know you were laid off too! Sorry Jaime. At least you get to spend time with Jack and have busy days still. I have Daisy that ignores me for most of the day.
Post a Comment