Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 18 and 19 of finding another job

The title is getting old. Maybe after the two month mark I'll just change the title to Life as an Unemployed 30 something.

Yesterday was tough. My mom called me early in the morning to tell me my dad is in the hospital. He has had some dizziness/near fainting spells in the past few weeks.  My mom couldn't handle the latest incident so she called the ambulance on Monday afternoon.  He's still in the hospital as we speak and there hasn't been any one main cause of what is going on with him.  He's had several tests done already and will be going through more the next couple of days.  Good news is that tests are coming back ok, he's not in good shape but there hasn't been anything that is a real surprise so far.  He has blood clots, one in his leg and one near his heart and we knew he was having problems with blood clots for  a couple years now.  He's on blood thinners.  They found spots on his liver and will be checking that too.  The weirdest and worst part is that he has short term memory loss.  When we went to go see him last night he looked and acted like he was drugged and it was hard to see him so unfocused.

The whole day I was seconds away from crying.  When stuff like this happens I think of the worst and I think of my life without my parents and I get so sad.  While visiting my dad last night Zac and I waited in his room while my dad was getting some tests done. As we were waiting a few people wheeled a man into the room next to us.  As I looked up I saw the mans face and I knew he had died.  The rest of the family was following them into the room next to my dad's.  I started crying as people were consoling the wife.   I couldn't help myself.  I know death is a part of the circle of life but I just think of all the moments that make up life.

I know whatever happens with my dad it will be ok.  I think of what others go through and I know whatever news you get in life it can be worked through. 

In other news I got a letter from the department of economic security and I have to attend a reemployment orientation next Monday. Oh boy.

No comments: