Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 20 of finding another job

Dad update: well it seems everything is wrong with him. We visited him tonight and he looked a lot better. He was more alert and was able to talk to us. We noticed he still has a hard time remembering recent events.  So far it sounds like he had a few mini strokes (TIA's) when put all together pretty  much add up to a medium size stroke.  That explains the short term memory loss and confusion.  Now doctors are also talking about cancer so I guess we'll find out more in the next couple of days.  It's still hard to keep it all together but it's harder figuring out how to prepare for what comes next. But to be positive it was a good visit with him tonight.

Today I worked at ON.  The past two times I've worked my hours have been reduced since ON isn't making its daily sales goals.  I just got my schedule for next week and I'm only scheduled for one day.  Thank goodness for unemployment.  Although today I did get to do go-backs.  It was definitely much better than standing around just folding clothes in the same area.  My feet didn't hurt as much.  And as for having to go to the orientation on Monday at DES I got a phone call today that I didn't have to go since I've done everything at One-Stop and since I'm "working" again.  So the lady said she would take me off the list.  Then 10 minutes later I get another phone call from DES telling me the same thing.  I guess the first lady didn't take me off the list or something.  Oh well.

No comments: