Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 11-15 of finding another job

It's been a rough few days. On Tuesday I had a short work shift but that night I had dreams/nightmares of folding clothes.

Wednesday I went to lunch with the ladies....only it was other ladies than last time. One lady still works at my old job, the other lady/friend got out just in time and managed to get a good job.  It was an interesting lunch with the lady that still works at AMO. She seems pretty positive that the company is doing well.  Just not well enough to keep on people that were just let go. 

Thursday was Turkey Day! I watched a bit of the parade then went to work at 9am.  There were already 2 or 3 people camping out in front of Old Gravy.  Zac and I were shocked.  Later on in the day I heard from our loss prevention guy that mall security ran the ladies off.  After my 4 hour shift Zac and I went to my parents house for Thanksgiving Dinner.  We got there just in time to eat!  And the best part was that my grandmother, aunt, and uncle weren't there!  My oldest brother was there with his family and after dinner we went on our walk and then played some loteria.  We came home and I attempted to sleep for a few hours but I couldn't.  I was so excited to work my first Black Friday!

 At midnight I gave up trying to fake sleep and started getting ready for my shift.  I worked 2am to 9:30.  The parking lot was packed when I got there and there was a line of people still waiting to get into the store. Oh and at Abercrombie and Fitch, which has it's doors open to the parking lot there was guy right in the doorway half nekkid.  He was showing his abs off at 2am...um it was chilly and moist outside...I wonder how much he got paid.   I walked up to the front of Oldy Moldy and told the security guard to let me in!  The place was trashed and for some reason I keep getting placed in kids.  The kid section is a pigsty.  The shift wasn't too bad until 6am rolled around.  By that time I was tired and dragging.  By 9am I was ready to roll into a ball and sleep.  Finally, 9:30 rolled around and insanity set in and I did some of my own Christmas shopping.  I tried to hit up Sears and Macy's but by the time I stepped foot in Sears I told myself I was nuts and decided to go home instead.  The rest of Friday we spent watching Netflix.  I took a 3 hour nap. We attempted to have something for dinner and then I went to bed at 9pm. It was glorious.

Today I went back to work 11am-6:30pm.  But before work I had a call from my Dad asking for the code to get the computer wifi code...is that what you call it?  Whatever.  So I was barely awake and then I had to wake up Zac...then I had to talk to my dad, my uncle and finally I told them to put my mom on the phone...she understands me even in the worst of moments and me half awake, groggy, and cranky...I know she understands my babble.  Then Zac and I made breakfast and I ate in 5 minutes and then went back to Old Baby.  Today I got to work in Women's fleece, active and the clearance section....ooh....step up from kids....but I have to admit I would rather be in kids.  For my 15 minute  break I had a slice of cold pizza.  For lunch I had lucky charms.  All stuff that was in the breakroom left over from Black Friday.

I go back tomorrow. Yay.....

No comments: