Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 26 of unemployment

Today was a One-Stop day!!!!!

At One-Stop a group of us had intake today.  I didn't know what this meant so I was surprised to find out we had to take tests!!!!

The first test took about 45 minutes and it was like being back in school again taking those standardized tests.  We even had scantron sheets.  The tests measured basic reading, math, and language skills.  Then after the tests were graded we had to take the next portion of tests.  Depending on how you did on each section there was a different book you had to look at.  I had the A book the whole time so I guess I did well on each section.  I don't know. The second test each section was timed.  The reading section took 20 minutes and two math sections took 15 minutes each and then Language took about 25 minutes.  The math section kicked my butt! Who remembers how to calculate the radius and cubic inches.  I always sucked in that area. 

Anyway I sat next to one of my ex-coworkers and she kept finishing each section way before me. I was getting nervous that I must not know my stuff anymore. Later I found out that she just guessed on a bunch of stuff she didn't know.  Made me feel better. 

Now I get to meet with a case worker next Tuesday morning and go on from there.  The adventure continues!

No comments: