I just got home from my 2.5 hours of work at the ON. I walked in tonight and the store was trashed. Because sales weren't good earlier in the week I guess corporate cuts hours throughout the week unless the store beats the daily sales goal. Each day I worked they were missing sales goals by $3,000-6,000. Tonight there was 4 of us that went in at 7:30 to close and we barely made a dent. Originally we were scheduled to close at 11pm and clock out at 12am. Instead we went in at 7:30 closed at 9pm and clocked out at 10pm. Clothes were thrown around and on the floor as if the place was a flea market. Tomorrow I go back in from 11am to 3pm. Since Sunday starts the new week they get a bunch of hours again so there was a sign up sheet by the time clock for people that wanted more hours at night to clean up the store. It seems like this is the constant problem in retail, never enough people working when you need it. I personally would staff my store with more people Thursday thru Sunday, especially during the holidays and cut hours in the morning if needed. But what do I know.
1 comment:
Jaime always complained about that when she worked at the Crew. Youd think they would structure their week so that it starts on Thursday so that if they need to meet a labor quota from a bad weekend you can do it during the slow days.
Post a Comment