Sunday, May 19, 2013

Baby on Board!

So those that still read this already know but yeah so this is happening.

I never had any set plans that I needed to be a mom and I was beginning to think that maybe we would just be the couple down the street that had the dogs the crazy lady dressed up for Halloween every year. 

But plans change. 

While this is all very exciting it's also kind of weird and exhausting.  I'm not exactly shouting this news from the rooftops and sometimes I think there might be something wrong with me but while I want people to know I don't at the same time.  Does that make any sense? 

At work there happens to be another girl that is pregnant too.  She is about 6 weeks behind me and she's been wanting to get pregnant for the past 5 years.  I think we are the opposite of the spectrum when it comes to pregnancy.  She keeps asking if the baby's room is started yet.  I look at her with a blank expression like "seriously?"  I also get the do's and can't do's from her and it's irritating.

While I'd love to be the type of person that is all gung ho about this stuff like decking the baby's room out, having a gender reveal party, doing those 3D ultrasound things, and letting everyone know my weekly progress...well I'm not that type of person at all!

Don't get me wrong...I pin the hell out of all these ideas on Pinterest but ask how many things I've actually done off of Pinterest!

I'll probably give in and do the facebook reveal within the next couple of weeks and hopefully I won't turn into the annoying pregnant girl that posts how tired she is all the time and remind you all how far along I am.  I'll leave all that annoying whining to Zac!

So while the time gets closer to welcome our little bundle of joy and poop into the world we'll be waiting patiently coming up with weird baby names and figuring out how to raise our kid to think it's growing up in the 80's (Zac's idea).


3 comments:

katohater said...

Baby name idea: Martin McFly Jr.

crazy cat lady said...

Congrats! :)
Make sure you punch anyone that randomly walks up to you and gropes your belly asking after the fact if they can "feel the baby". I think those people deserve to be punched.

Stemshul said...

If they ask to feel the baby you should say: "If you think you can get your hand all the way up in there go right ahead!"

Congratulations!