
Santa says that right?
This year was kind of a downer Christmas. Every year I really look forward to Christmas and every year it seems to lose its magic more and more. I love seeing the lights and decorations and wish I could buy every single decoration I see. It's really the same as Halloween. I want my place to be the crazy people house that go nuts on decorations. I think kids really make the holiday super special and I look forward to spending time with my niece and nephews. This year only one brother came over to my parents house and so Christmas was long and drawn out. Of course once the kids were there it was fun and the time went by too fast.
Next year there was discussion of going to Vegas. I'm up for that.
I guess one year I'd like to have the Christmas that other people write about or maybe I'm thinking of the Christmas I see in the movies....I'm not quite sure because my mind is so warped with stupid stuff. I'd love to once go to Winterhaven sipping hot chocolate and maybe take the hayride around. Once I'd like to go to the Holiday Parade and feel like a little kid when Santa comes around. For once I'd like to have holiday yummies, while watching nonstop Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. Maybe this is all better with kids. Maybe it's time to adopt a little Asian kid. It's the same with every holiday. At Halloween I want to go crazy on decorations, I want to dress up, I want to go to the pumpkin patch and go through the corn maze. At Easter I want to color eggs and hide them and have an easter egg hunt. On President's Day I want to dress up as George Washington and read the constitution. (Maybe not the last one.)
I was thinking about stuff I used to hate getting as gifts but now wish I would get. Stuff like the following:
-Socks, I hate buying socks for myself. Mainly, I'd love winter socks or slipper socks that warm my feet during the winter. I'd also like fun colored/print socks. I can't seem to buy those for myself either. As I'm writing this I have 3 pairs of socks on and my feet are still cold.
-Slippers. I actually use slippers now. I'd like slippers for all occasions.
-Cheap jewelry. I used to get cheap jewelry all the time. My Dad would buy me some crazy earrings or a cutesy necklace and sometimes my aunt would give me Avon jewelry. Cheap jewelry is actually a lot cooler now. I still like to play dress up.
-Puzzles. I don't think I ever counted puzzles to be my favorite gift but I find that I like them more and more. There are even cool puzzles that are 3D. I've also always wanted a separate card table to do the puzzles on. Buying used puzzles at the bookstore or second hand store seems like a good idea but I've found these puzzles also seem to come with a lot of cat hair. Achoo!
-Clothes. My mom stopped buying me clothes in junior high. Sometimes I'd like simple sweatshirts or scarves or jackets. Gift cards work well too.
-Accessories. I like shoes and purses. I'm an 8 1/2. I also like perfume.
-Random stuff. I think some of the gifts that I remember the most were random things that I wasn't quite expecting. Once my dad bought me a ladies tool set. Which I still have. Oh and that snuggie was the best.
Maybe next year I'll learn and I'll do something like volunteer somewhere or donate to charity. Maybe next year everyone will get home made gifts....damn I better start them now if I expect anything to get done by next year.
4 comments:
Wow I agree with everything you just said. Mostly I really love decorations. But I'm running out of storage room.
Too bad there isn't an edit comment before you post.
I was saying is that in college I had a decent amount of decorations for Halloween and Christmas and when I moved I think I trashed a bunch of stuff. Now I have to rebuild the decoration collection.
oh god I'm tired....I mean I wish there were an edit comment button after you post.
Post a Comment