Wednesday, January 15, 2014

In the beginning...

I think I've used this same title a few times already but whatevs.

So going back in time to February of 2013, things were simple back then.  Life was normal except for that pesky stomach ache that wasn't going away.  A week of stomach aches and nothing was making it go away. I mean I tried everything...pepto bismal, alka seltzer, immodium, and who knows what else.  At one point I thinking...nah...can't be possible...but decided to check anyway.  I had a pregnancy test lying around..who knows how old it was.  Nope not positive.  Another week passed and Aunt Flo hadn't made her visit and that pesky stomach ache was not going away.  At this point I was pretty sure I was dying of a hernia or that my insides were being chewed through by some water born parasite. There was no hope for me.   I was almost at the point of needing to make a doctor's appointment, which meant finding a doctor first.  February 17th rolled around and with a new supply of pregnancy tests I decided to take another one.  And then another one....and then another one. 

I stared down at that pee stick and thought "What??" My next reaction.  Take a shower and cry.  I sobbed and sobbed.  Thousands of what ifs rolled through my mind.  In my head this kid was already 13, smoking cigarettes, and getting some girl pregnant or getting pregnant.  And it was all my fault.  I got myself together trying to figure out how I was going to tell Zac.  I was that person you see on TV that talks to themselves in the mirror practicing.  I went and told Zac and he was extremely happy and that made me start sobbing again but it helped knowing he was happy and supportive.

After that day, I was forced to make a doctors appointment and then I started researching if all that pepto bismal would affect the fetus in anyway.

No comments: