Monday, October 5, 2009

call me that again and we'll see how you like it when I rip your throat out

As if I haven't bored you with enough of my pet peeves, here's another one. I hate it when people around my age call me honey, sweetie, or dear. Only woman in their 40's to death can call me those names.

What I hate even more than that is when creepy vendor men call me honey, sweetie or DOLLFACE. Ugh!!!!!!! Today I had to talk to one of my vendors and he wants his orders. To quote him "we have hit the chaos stage". Then he closes the conversation with "well thanks for doing this dollface"

I replied with "ummm yeah...no problem...bye....click".

What I really wanted to say was "Dollface? Are you serious? You perv....Don't call me dollface! For that I'm not sending you any orders".

It really irks me when I have to deal with some of these old school vendors. It's like the guys went to a used car salesman school and learned how to schmooze. Bleh.

8 comments:

crazy cat lady said...

I once had a trucker continually call me "chickedee" every time he saw me...and that's not the worst I heard. :P

chooiegoos said...

how annoying. the guys think they are being sweet but really it just feels demeaning, especially in the business world.

Stemshul said...

Did you actually say click?

chooiegoos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chooiegoos said...

yes i think i did say click right after I hung up the phone and before I started cursing.

Stemshul said...

At least you've never been called a southern bell before.

Stemshul said...

I didnt say that Jenna did.

chooiegoos said...

i could see Dave being called a southern belle.